Cherrydale’s Biblical Counseling Team exists to help others grow and change using God's word.
What is Biblical Counseling?
Biblical counseling is intensive discipleship using God’s sufficient Word in believers’ lives to give hope and bring about biblical change. (Ephesians 4:22-24)
1. Discerning thoughts, heart attitudes and behaviors in the light of scripture, to adequately, lovingly and compassionately deal with one’s past sins and present trials
2. Seeking to use God’s Word by the Holy Spirit to give hope and bring about real, lasting change
3. Encourage progressive growth in Christ-likeness
4. Building up of the church
5. Evangelizing the lost to the glory of God.
Who are the Counselors?
All of our pastors meet with members of the Church family for Biblical Counseling. In addition to our pastors, we have male and female lay-counselors who have been equipped to intentionally walk with members of the Body and male and female professional biblical counselors who work under the shepherding oversight of Cherrydale’s pastors.
What do I do if interested?
For more information contact Tom Oostdyk.