(This is part of a series of posts from our team serving on a short-term trip to Ethiopia)
As the plane landed, cheers erupted among many of the passengers. Some were thrilled by the smooth flight and others for a safe landing. We cheered because of “day.” Today is a day that many of us have been praying for – a day in the making for a length of time beyond our own knowledge.
There is a quote by Steve Smith and Ying Kai that says “many of us go about evangelism assuming that we are the first to witness to someone. We aren’t. The Spirit was there before us.” This is consistent with Psalms 139:5: “Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.” The Lord has been at work in this region for longer than we know and we are humbled that He was chosen us to be part of His plan in this area.
Our team almost doubled once we arrived. We were united with our American partners who currently serve here and with others who traveled to join in the work. We were reminded of the call to “sanctify the Lord God in your hearts and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear” (1 Peter 3:15).
- Safe travels for those coming from abroad and local
- Unity among the collective team
- Good health
- Protection and safety
- Rain (literally)
- Focus on His work via the training
- Continued safety and good health
- Continued humility in knowing that it is a privilege to be an instrument for His work and that we be not anxious for anything (health, safety, …everything)
- Cultural sensitivity
- Opportunities to share with others are we travel to and from the trainings
- For the Lord’s battle in the spiritual realm against all who oppose His mission to have the Good News proclaimed
- That the Holy Spirit will prepare the hearts of unbelievers to hear and respond to the gospel
Let us not stop until all the nations hear and proclaim His glory.
–The Ethiopia Team