(This is part of a series of posts from our team serving on a short-term trip to Ethiopia)
“The Lord is righteous in all His ways and kind in all His deeds. The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth” (Psalm 145:17-18).
Today was a pack-filled day. As our training intensified, so did our need to rely on the Holy Spirit. We had to adjust to a number of unexpected challenges, including a rainstorm that caused us to stop the training to pray for God’s mercy, uncertainty around the arrival of translators, time/schedule changes, and a longer night for dinner and debrief. In spite of our human limitations, He is at work here.
As we approach mid-week of training, we call out to Him who is faithful for mercy, continued provisions, and guidance for the ministry.
Specific requests –
- Quick recovery who those who are sick and fatigued on the team, as well as our coordinators, translators and students
- For the Holy Spirit to open the minds of the students to the training material
- Discernment regarding who are called to be trainers vs. trainees from among the students
- Genuine commitment from the students to use the information, skills, and equipment to further the gospel
- Open doors to share the gospel
- Protection against persecution for the students
–The Ethiopia Team