August 26, 2019
By STEVE KING
Last Sunday, we studied 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8, which teaches us that knowing God will transform our sexuality. I mentioned several resources that will help you develop your relational skills and better inform your understanding of biblical sexual ethics.
Here is a list of some of those resources to aid in clarifying key takeaways:
- “Crucial Conversations” teaches us how to wisely respond when we engage in a conversation where there are differing opinions, strong emotions, and high stakes.
- Right from Wrong by Bob Hostetler and Josh McDowell—teaches us the test of truth and the evidence of truth. It is full of helpful examples and simple ways to effectively communicate what truth is and how submitting to it provides and protects us.
- Beware the Slow Leaks by Steve King—see Chapter Five: “Keep the Home Fires Burning.” Discover God’s four purposes for creating us as sexual beings.
- Pure Joy by Rick Stedman—explores the positive side of single sexuality and offers fresh biblical insights and motivation for staying or becoming celibate beyond just saying no.
- Love thy Body by Nancy Pearcey—this award winning and insightful author provides well researched biblically-based help to navigate the rapidly changing world of sexual confusion in which we now live.
- The Myth of the Dying Church: How Christianity Is Actually Thriving in America and the World by Glenn T. Stanton—this well-researched book will encourage you when you discover the amazing ways God is working here and around the world. It will motivate you to daily join God in His work knowing that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.