We take seriously our responsibility to protect well children from exposure to illness. Unfortunately, medical conditions do not always lend themselves to observational diagnosis. We must rely upon parents’ honesty as to the health of their children, since volunteers who receive children have only a short time to observe their conditions.
A child with any of the following symptoms can not attend any Children’s Ministry programs until they are symptom-free for at least 24 hours. If Children’s Ministry staff or volunteers notice signs of illness in a child, we will notify parents to request that the child be picked up immediately.
- Fever (100.4 or greater) in the previous 24 hours.
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Runny Nose/Congestion
- Stomach ache
- Any symptom of a childhood disease such as chicken pox or whooping cough
- Any unexplained rash or skin infection, e.g. ringworm or impetigo
- Any hair or skin infection such as head lice
- Pinkeye or other eye infection
If your child attended a Cherrydale event and develops an infectious disease (i.e., COVID, chicken pox, strep throat, etc.), within 48 hours, notify Kelli Dudley, Children’s Ministry Director | 703.525.8210.