We take seriously our responsibility to protect well children from exposure to illness. Unfortunately, medical conditions do not always lend themselves to observational diagnosis. We must rely upon parents’ honesty as to the health of their children, since volunteers who receive children have only a short time to observe their conditions.
If a volunteer discovers an obvious sign of illness in a child, our policy is to isolate the child as much as possible until the parents are notified and pick up the child.
A child with any of the following symptoms will not be allowed into the nursery, classrooms (Pre-K–6th Grade), or brought into the Worship Nursery:
- A fever in the previous 24 hours.
- Vomiting or diarrhea.
- Any symptom of a childhood disease such as chicken pox or whooping cough.
- Discolored nasal drainage.
- Sore throat.
- Any unexplained rash or skin infection such as boils, ringworm or impetigo.
- Any hair or skin infection such as head lice.
- Pinkeye or other eye infection.
A child exhibiting any of these symptoms will not be allowed into the nursery or classrooms. If your child has been attending a Sunday School class at Cherrydale and develops an infectious disease (i.e., measles, mumps, chicken pox, strep throat, etc.), please notify Kelli Dudley, Director of Children’s Ministry |703.525.3910.