Sample Group Agreements
Regardless of whether your small group consists of long-time friends or new members, it’s helpful to discuss goals and expectations. Here are a couple of examples from Cherrydale small groups:
Meeting Schedule Options
Each small group varies in their meeting length and format. Here are some examples of how small groups have structured their gathering times:
- 5:00 pm – Meal/Snacks and Fellowship
- 6:00 pm – Prayer for unsaved friends and adopted missionary
- 6:15 pm – Bible Study
- 7:00 pm – Accountability/Prayer (men and women break-out)
- 8:00 pm – End
- 7:00 pm – Meal/Snacks and Fellowship
- 7:30 pm – Prayer for unsaved friends and adopted missionary
- 7:45 pm – Bible Study
- 8:15 pm – Accountability and prayer
- 9:00 pm – End
Meeting on Wednesdays (during Wednesday kids and youth groups)
- 6:45 pm – Arrival & greetings
- 7:00 pm – Scripture prayer
- 7:15 pm – Sharing & focused prayer time for 1 person (or if time allows, for 2 people)
- 8:00 pm – Updates/Prayer requests
- 8:30 pm – End
Ideas for Parents with Young Children
It can be challenging to participate in a small group when you have young children and childcare needs. Here are some examples of how Cherrydale small groups have addressed this challenge:
- Meet as couples & each family arranges their own sitters. Only the parents come to the small group meeting; children remain at home with their sitter.
- Meet as couples and each family chips in to hire one or more shared babysitters. Families gather together at the small group meeting. While the adults meet in one area of the home, the children are cared for by the shared babysitter(s) in another area of the home.
- Meet as couples and each parent takes a turn to watch the kids. Families gather together at the small group meeting. While the adults meet in one area of the home, the children are cared for by the parent(s) serving in another area of the home.
- Every other week, meet as couples. On the other weeks, the men & women meet separately at different times. This reduces the number of weeks that group childcare needs to be arranged.
- Meet as couples or separately on Wednesday evenings at the church. This option is available for those whose children are old enough to participate in our Wednesday kids and youth group.
- Meet separately; the husband joins one small group and the wife joins her own small group.
Check out our book suggestions for group discussions or for small group leaders.
- Create a Ministry Event & Request Rooms/Resources Not sure how to get an event on your ministry’s calendar? Want to hold an event at the church? This guide will walk you through the steps to create an event in Circle.
- Circle Leader App Learn how to quickly send a message to all group members, take attendance for your group, access and edit profiles of your group members, and view upcoming birthdays and anniversaries.