Leadership for Life and Ministry Retreat/Sleepover
April 1-2, 2022
Teens, come grow in learning how to live out your faith in Christ as a leader in life and ministry! This event is designed for 8-12th graders who are interested in being “all-in” on the topic of personal leadership development. Younger students who are interested in engaging on this topic at an older student maturity level should have a parent communicate this interest to Pastor Greg.
Drop Off: 7:00 pm Friday, Apr. 1 | The Well (eat at home)
Pickup: 5:00 pm Saturday, Apr. 2 (before dinner)
Good to Know
- Students will need to stay for the entire event.
- There will be three main teaching sessions with complementary leadership building activities and small group discussions. Students will learn about how their personality profile and gift mix will help them to be a leader in life and ministry as a follower of Jesus in their unique way.
- We will have lots of time where everyone can hangout with friends including a faith-based movie on Friday night.
- We will serve snacks Friday night as well as breakfast and lunch on Saturday.
What to Bring
- Bedding – Air mattresses are welcome!
- Toiletries and towel or hand towel.
- Change of clothes. Be sure to include clothes appropriate for outdoor activities given the weather forecast at the time.
- Bible, notepad and pen
7:00 pm – Check In/ Team building activity/ Personality profiles
8:00 pm – Session 1 with small group debrief
9:00 pm – Dodgeball
9:30 pm – Snacks/Hangout
10:00 pm – Movie
12:00 am – Sleep
8:30 am – Breakfast, sleep room cleanup
9:00 am – Leadership building activities
10:00 am – Session 2 with small group debrief
11:00 am – Leadership building activity
12:30 pm – Lunch/Hangout
1:00 pm – Session 3 with small group debrief
2:00 pm – Local hiking with leadership building activity
4:30 pm – Closing application discussion and prayer
5:00 pm – Go home