Youth Summer Service Camp
Sunday, June 21–Saturday, June 27, 2020
Teens (currently in grades 8–12) will spend the week doing home improvement projects for elderly and low-income families: interior and exterior painting, building or repairing porches and wheelchair ramps, building or repairing steps, weatherization, and other home repairs that residents can’t do themselves.
- No prior home improvement skills are required!
- Team training classes will be held on these Sundays at 11:00 am: Apr. 26, May 24, and June 14.
- In addition to work projects, there will be devotional times and evening programs (view a typical day’s schedule below). Midweek, there will be a break for a fun trip to Hershey Park.
- Contact Pastor Greg at [email protected] with any questions.
2020 Service Camp Details
When: June 21–27, 2020. Depart from Cherrydale 9:00 am on Sunday, June 21 and return 12:30 pm Saturday, June 27.
Where: Wrightsville, PA. We will travel in vans from Cherrydale Baptist Church. Teens will be staying at a local school building (with showers and A/C), in gender-separate quarters.
Who: This camp is for grades 8–12 only (Sept. 2019–Jun. 2020 school year).
Cost: $495 ($450 camp cost + $45 (cash) for offsite meals/incidentals during the week). Registration cost includes: transportation, lodging, onsite meals, project supplies, and Hershey Park admission.
Registration & Payment
- All participants should complete this online registration form and submit $100 deposit. (Note: deposit is refundable ONLY if another Cherrydale youth can fill spot).
- All participants under the age of 18 must also have a completed Cherrydale Teen Registration form on file. Parents, please complete a new form if there have been any changes to your teen’s contact, medical, or health insurance info.
- A $100 deposit is required at registration. Payment of $175 is due by March 11, and the remaining $175 (of the $450) is due by May 13. Payment may also be made in full at time of registration. If needed, check with Pastor Greg on scholarship availability.
- 6:45 am: Rise and shine!
- 7:00 am: Breakfast, gather supplies and sack lunches
- 8:00 am: Morning program and then depart for work sites
- 12:00 pm: On-site lunch and devotions
- 3:30 pm: Return to lodging for clean-up and free time
- 5:00 pm: Dinner
- 7:30 pm: Evening program
- 8:30 pm: Youth group devotions
- 11:00 pm: Lights-out