Youth Winter Retreat
Registration closed early. No more rooms available.
- Waiting list? Email Pastor Greg at email@example.com to see if spaces become available; upon departure only those on PG’s list will be able to go.
This is our annual winter weekend getaway, open to 8th–12th graders. Saturday will be spent at Wisp Resort, where teens have a variety of outdoor and indoor options (including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, mountain coaster ride, and escape room. Teens can also choose to hang out in the lodge.) Back at the hotel, there will also be worship and Bible studies, pool time, and general hangout time.
Depart: Cherrydale at 6:00 pm on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020
Return: 4:30 pm on Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020
Hotel: Comfort Inn and Suites, La Vale, MD. Telephone: (301) 729-6400
Cost: Varies by package selection. View details below on the five trip packages, all of which include meals (Saturday–Sunday) and hotel accommodation.
2020 Winter Retreat Details
Retreat packages & cost
Included in all packages: Transportation in church vehicles; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday; breakfast and lunch on Sunday; snacks; drinks; lodging.
- HANGOUT ONLY: $80. Spend Saturday at the resort lodge (playing games and hanging out).
- ADVENTURE COMBO: $135. Includes a two-hour tubing session, mountain coaster ride, and a one-hour escape room group session, plus hangout time at the lodge.
- LIFT PASS ONLY: $155. For someone who wants to ski/snowboard, but has their own equipment.
- EXPERIENCED RENTAL: $200. Ski/snowboard option. Includes lift pass.
- BEGINNER RENTAL & LESSON: $210. Ski/snowboard option with a one-hour lesson. Includes lift pass.
Extras (pay at resort)
- Helmet rental: $10
- Two-hour snow tubing session: $24
- Mountain coaster ride: $14
- Escape room session: $24
Required forms & packing list
- All participants under the age of 18 must have a completed Cherrydale Teen Registration form on file. Parents, please complete a new form if there have been any changes to your teen’s contact, medical, or health insurance info.
- Access the Wisp Adventure Combo Waiver form, required for package #2.
- Access the Wisp Ski/Snowboard Waiver form, required for packages #4 and #5.
- Get the retreat packing list & other tips.
- Friday, Jan. 31: Depart from Cherrydale at 6:00 pm. Lodging is at the Comfort Inn and Suites in La Vale, MD.
- Saturday, Feb. 1: Enjoy a variety of indoor and outdoor activities at Wisp Resort, including skiing, snowboarding, tubing, mountain coaster ride, and escape room. Teens can also choose to hang out in the lodge. Back at the hotel, we’ll have worship, Bible studies, pool time, and general hangout time.
- Sunday, Feb. 2: Pick-up at Cherrydale at 4:30 pm.