Cherrydale Baptist Church is committed to taking a wise and faithful approach in responding to the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus). The following is a brief review of how we are currently approaching this concern:
SUNDAY WORSHIP LIVESTREAM
We are holding one worship service online at 11:00 am, which is livestreamed on Cherrydale’s website and on Facebook (where live chat is available).
Download the bulletin and, for families with children, the Family Sermon Packet below (updated by Friday).
Many are in need of prayer in this season. Please submit the form below. Pastor Tom has called us to pray daily at 12 noon. See suggested prayer points below.
Many are accustomed to participating in the offering in person. Now is a great time to consider giving online.
ONLINE EVENT SCHEDULE
Following CDC guidelines, our weekly ministry gatherings are taking place online instead of in person. Other events have been cancelled. Check out our Online Schedule to learn more and get links to participate.
On Wednesdays, we’ve launched a new weekly online Bible study on “A Gospel Response to COVID-19.” Get details on how to participate here.
FOR KIDS AND YOUTH
In addition to the Sunday Family Sermon Packet, we are sending out a Family Activity Packet to families on Mondays. Here’s a great video for kids to help them understand the coronavirus and some homeschooling tips from Cherrydale parents.
Our Youth Ministry is meeting online on Wednesday nights. Email Pastor Greg O’Dell for details.
NEED HELP? WANT TO HELP?
Many are asking for ways they can help one another with groceries, tech support, etc. Please complete the appropriate form below, and we’ll do our best to connect helpers with those who need it.
- Pray for the sick, those treating them, those working on a cure, and those who have lost loved ones that God would heal, give wisdom, and provide comfort.
- Pray that as a church family we would make wise decisions, practice discernment, and be a beacon of gospel hope in a world gripped with anxiety. As Jesus has said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” (John 14:27).
- Please reach out to those in our congregation and in your neighborhoods with practical help, emotional support, and prayer. These include the elderly, single parent families, people who live alone, and anyone else who may need additional prayer and support.
- Pastor Tom’s Letter on COVID-19 (Mar. 10)
- Pastor Tom’s Letter (Mar. 13)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- CDC Prevention Recommendations
- Virginia Department of Health
Still have questions? Contact us.