Cherrydale Baptist Church is committed to taking a wise and faithful approach in responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus). Below is a brief review of how we are currently approaching this concern.
- Social distancing, limited capacity seating and other COVID restrictions are not currently required in Virginia, so the seating in our Worship Center is opened up. You are welcome to seat yourself, and we encourage you to space out as you feel comfortable.
- The livestream of the Sunday worship service will continue for now, but we urge you to join us in person if you have not returned yet.
- The lifting of social distancing and limited capacity seating applies to all Cherrydale ministries, as does the guidance below on face masks.
Guidance on Face Masks at Cherrydale
From the beginning of the pandemic, Cherrydale’s Elders have carefully considered both CDC and Virginia guidelines, as well as the requirements of Scripture, care for our church, and care for our neighbors, in setting our safety policies.
- The current Virginia and federal guidelines, while strongly encouraging individuals to wear masks indoors in areas of high transmission such as ours, do not mandate the use of masks in church for any individual (including children).
- Therefore, we encourage you to review the guidelines (Virginia and CDC) and prayerfully decide how to best care for yourself and your children, while also loving your church family and our neighbors and submitting to our governing authorities.
- We recognize that Christians can reach different but equally faithful decisions under this policy. God has provided us with an opportunity to fervently love one another from the heart and think the best of one another. Whatever decision you make, do it to honor the Lord and give thanks to Him. Will you join us in striving for joyful unity in Christ?
- Let us also praise God for the many ways He has shown His faithfulness and provision!
If you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please reach out to any of our elders or email email@example.com.
Sunday Worship & Classes
- Cherrydale is offering two worship services in person at 8:30 and 11:15 am (livestream available at both services).
- Sunday School classes are offered for all ages from 10:00-11:00 am. View Adult Sunday classes.
- Children’s programming for 3 year-olds through 5th grade is currently offered outside in tents and covered, enclosed areas. Nursery is offered indoors for newborns through 2-year-olds with masked volunteers. Learn more about Sundays for Kids. View the outdoor Children’s classroom map.
- Learn more about Sundays at Cherrydale.
Please visit our Calendar for our full schedule. We pray you can join us!
Still have questions? Contact us.