Cherrydale Baptist Church is committed to taking a wise and faithful approach in responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The following is a brief review of how we are currently approaching this concern:
Our Reopening Plan
Cherrydale’s COVID-19 Task Force developed a plan for reopening Cherrydale with one limited capacity service at 11:00 am, which began June 7th. The plan was developed in accordance with federal and state health guidelines and in communication with Arlington County officials. The plan involves continuing to offer a livestream option, registration for attendance, and required face coverings for everyone five years and older.
- Read the plan details and updates on the Task Force blog.
- Questions about the reopening plan? Please read our FAQ’s page.
Sunday Worship: In-Person Registration
Per our Safety Guidelines, registration is required to attend the 11:00 am worship service in person. Registration will be open from Sunday at 12:30 pm until Friday at 12:30 pm the week prior to the Sunday you wish to attend. You will register for one of two rooms based on your preference and the room availability: Worship Center or Community Room. To register, click on the button below or call (703) 712-0580 between Monday and Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Please watch the following video and download the materials below to help prepare you for returning to church (Note: we are currently offering the Worship Center and Community Room only).
Sunday Worship: Livestream
We will continue to hold worship service online at 11:00 am, which is livestreamed on Cherrydale’s website and on Cherrydale.Online.Church (where chat is available).
Children and Youth
- Come to Family Sunday School each week at 10:15-10:45 am in the Gym. Registration and face coverings are required for those five years and older. Learn more and register here.
- Visit our Online Schedule for more information about Children’s Sunday school or email Kelli Dudley for details on children’s ministry.
- Our Youth Ministry is holding some fun backyard hangout times this summer at Pastor Greg’s house. Email Pastor Greg O’Dell for information.
- Please submit prayer requests here. Our church family wants to pray for you!
- If you give to Cherrydale, now is a great time to consider the option of giving online.
- Check out our Online Schedule to join us for other online gatherings throughout the week.
Church and Community Support
- Do you need help with groceries, tech support, childcare, etc.? Please let us know by completing this form.
- Donate non-perishable food items for Arlington Bridge Builders to help meet tangible needs the poorest in our county are experiencing during this pandemic. Get a list of needed items and drop box info here.
- Volunteer with a non-profit organization serving Arlington County.
- Serve as a neighbor “buddy” or “captain” with Arlington Community Corps.
- Pray for the sick, those treating them, those working on a cure, and those who have lost loved ones that God would heal, give wisdom, and provide comfort.
- Pray that as a church family we would make wise decisions, practice discernment, and be a beacon of gospel hope in a world gripped with anxiety. As Jesus has said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” (John 14:27).
- Please reach out to those in our congregation and in your neighborhoods with practical help, emotional support, and prayer. These include the elderly, single parent families, people who live alone, and anyone else who may need additional prayer and support.
- Pray for those who, in the midst of this pandemic, are prone to display disrespect and dishonor toward others—even verbal or physical abuse, that they would delight in Jesus, who gave Himself fully in sacrifice for us. And pray for those struggling with offenses, being falsely accused, overlooked, or not receiving credit when due, that they would delight in Jesus, who although He was dishonored by us, in love He is preparing an eternal place for us.
Still have questions? Contact us.