Saturday, April 28th, 2018
3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Room 110 (The Well)
3910 Lorcom Lane
Arlington, VA 22207
Who: 7th-12th graders
Time: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Where: starts at the Well, ends at Pastor Greg’s house at 3716 Ivydale Dr. Annandale, VA 22003
Cost: Bring around $10 for discretionary spending during the scavenger hunt
Team Signup Deadline Wed, April 25: This event isn’t going to work without youth leader and parent drivers or if kids show up having not warned us to reserve a seat for them. Here is how we avoid that:
- We have the teens recruit and sign up their own teams and drivers.
- Teens who do not have a team initially to sign up with will sign up on the Freelancer list. We will help freelancers find a team or we will make a freelancer team.
Details: It starts in the Well at 3:00 pm.
- Each team of students and their adult driver will be assigned a specific neighborhood where they can go door to door and request canned goods for the Arlington Bridge Builder’s food pantry.
- Students will have identification badges. They must be in pairs or threes and will not be allowed to enter any houses. As they cover streets in their assigned neighborhood, drivers and their car will be close by to hand off canned goods if they get too heavy to carry.
- The hunt will end at the Arlington Bridge Builders’ food pantry where they will count and score their hunt and re-stock the food pantry shelves.
- Then we will all go to Pastor Greg’s home for a fun bonfire evening.
- Parents, please pick up your teens from Pastor Greg’s home at 8:00 pm.