Saturday, November 10th, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Potomac Overlook Regional Park
2845 Marcey Road
Arlington, VA 22207
We will meet at the nature center at 10:00 am; this is a time change from our original plan! For those who are so inclined, feel free to bring a picnic lunch! We can eat at the pavilion or on the grass if it's not soggy. Bring the whole family, including husbands, grandparents, and older kids!
- Parking: at the very top of the hill there is a parking lot with a pavilion in the center. This is the closest parking to the trails and nature center.
- The trails are definitely not stroller-friendly, but the path from the parking lot to the nature center is paved.
- There are a couple trail heads right near the nature center, and the trails aren't super long. Multiple trails can be explored!
- The trails are not difficult by any means although they can be hilly. We would strongly encourage carriers for babies but older kids should be able to do these no problem.
Fun things to explore
- The nature center (though small) has several cool snakes and frogs to look at.
- There is a very short (but paved!) path across from the nature center that leads to a birds of prey exhibit with live birds.
- There is a garden down the road from the nature center (5-minute walk) that is open to the public, with a frog pond to explore.
- The pavilion at the top of the hill has a very small playground with a few slides.
- The nature center has a sheet of paper with a scavenger hunt for the trails. Great for older kids!
Remember to bring
- Carriers for babies
- Snacks and water
- Lunch if desired
- Hiking shoes! The trails were not muddy this week but that could change by next week.
- Plastic bags for trash, muddy shoes, etc.