Wednesday, August 14th, 2019
8:30 am - 8:30 pm
Cherrydale Baptist Church
3910 Lorcom Lane
Arlington, VA 22207
This is a day trip to Kings Dominion amusement/water park for rising 7th–12th graders. (Note: All teens need to be mature enough to handle self-responsibility (particularly with pocket money and personal valuables), as we will allow teens to walk around without a leader. We will have designated places and times for teens to connect with a leader if they ever get separated from a group.)
- When: Depart at 8:30 am from Cherrydale parking lot, return around 8:30 pm.
- Cost: $30 park ticket (to be paid online during registration), plus at least $35 pocket money for lockers, lunch money at the park, drinks and fast food dinner on the way home. Financial assistance scholarships are available for park entrance fee. Email Pastor Greg to receive a discount code before registering.
- Registration: Complete online event registration and payment. Deadline: Sunday, Aug. 11. New to our youth ministry or have changes to your health insurance info? Fill out this form. (We require this information for participation in any youth ministry event, in case of emergency.)
- What to bring: Wear and bring sunscreen, swimsuit for water park, extra set of dry clothes (optional). Backpacks can be stored in van until needed for water park, after which will be stored in locker.
- Weather Qualifier: If the forecast for the Kings Dominion area calls for all day rain we will cancel the event at least 24 hours in advance. If the hour by hour forecast calls for occasional rain during the day we will still go, since there are places in the park to hold up until the rain passes.
- Parents: Please email Andrew if you can help by joining us that day. Parents are welcome to come with the specific purpose of overseeing younger or special needs teens. These parents are welcome to bring younger siblings and even drive separately for earlier departure.