Men’s Retreat | March 27–29, 2020
TRUE GRIT: LIVING LIKE CHRIST IN A DARK WORLD
WHERE Skycroft Retreat Center; 9621 Frostown Rd; Middletown, MD 21769
LODGING The first 80 registrants will be assigned a double-occupancy motel room. After that, registrants will be assigned to a bunk-style shared house. ADA-accessible rooms available.
COST $71 registration fee covers meals, lodging, and retreat materials. Optional recreation activity may incur an additional fee (view details below). Scholarships available; if the cost is prohibitive, please enter discount code RETREAT on the registration form and pay only $5.
CONTACT Kevin Kaufman (KaufmanKD1@gmail.com) with questions.
Get to know other men at Cherrydale and around the Metro DC area—the retreat is open to all interested men, so invite a friend! Join us and you’ll experience:
- biblical community and personal growth through worship and prayer,
- practical sessions and personal testimonies,
- small group discussions, and
- time for fellowship and recreational activities.
- Friday, Mar. 27: Retreat begins with dinner and opening session.
- Saturday, Mar. 28: Breakfast is followed by large group sessions and discussion breakouts. After lunch, enjoy free time or your scheduled afternoon recreation. We’ll gather together over dinner and evening activities.
- Sunday, Mar. 29: Enjoy breakfast, closing session, and lunch on our final day.
Saturday Recreation Options
When you register, you may sign up for one of the following Saturday afternoon team-building adventures led by an experienced Skycroft facilitator (schedules overlap, so you won’t be able to participate in more than one organized activity):
- Paintball (additional $15 fee, pay $5 cash on-site for 200 extra paintball pellets) | Plan ahead and bring clothing that can get splattered with paint! Activity fee includes safety equipment, a gun, and a pod of 150 paintballs.
- High Ropes Course (additional $21 fee)** | This high-impact, team-building course is designed to challenge you physically, mentally, and spiritually. **If you register for this Skycroft-led event and the minimum number of participants is not met, your activity fee will be refunded and you can choose a different activity.
Games and Activities
Additional Saturday recreation options will be available to attendees (with no added fees):
- Fields, courts, and outdoor play | Join a basketball game or get a group together for soccer, football, kickball, or other outdoor games. Prefer other sports? Enjoy the frisbee golf course, volleyball nets, softball diamonds, tether-ball courts, and horseshoe pit.
- Game room | Join in friendly competition at the ping pong and foosball tables, or play on the walleyball/racquetball court.
- Hiking trails | Explore the over three miles of hiking trails that surround Skycroft.
- Board and card games | Bring your favorite game or learn a new one!