Ethnic Ministry Partnerships
These brothers and sisters in Christ regularly gather together in our church building:
- Thai Christian Church, Washington D.C. | Room 119 | Sundays at 2:00 pm
- (Sri Lankan) Hope Community Church | Room 119 | Sundays once a month
- Greater Washington Chinese Bible Study | Room 119 | Fridays at 7:00 pm
International Students | Cherrydale Friendship Partners
Academics from dozens of countries come to George Washington University with a desire to explore and understand Americans and American culture. Many students have a perception about the United States as a “Christian” country, but many will have never met a follower of Jesus Christ.
Friendship Partners is a ministry which seeks to reach out to international college students by matching them with individuals, couples, or families from Cherrydale. This is an opportunity to share the love of Christ naturally: Share a meal, share hobbies, and share experiences. If interested, please contact Lois.
As He has throughout history, God is moving and shaking the nations in our lifetime. Globalization and urbanization continue to bring scores of internationals to the United States. Within the 26 square miles of Arlington County, Virginia, we’re privileged to have a kaleidoscope of nations and unreached people groups living all around us. As Christians, we have a unique opportunity to befriend and get to know our neighbors from over 125 foreign countries.
You don’t need a visa… just a vision to love, learn, and serve!
- Start by using this Ethnic Embrace booklet to daily pray God’s blessing on 20 of the largest groups living in Arlington.
- Check out the Experience It! listings on each page and visit Arlington’s ethnic neighborhoods, businesses, and restaurants.