2019 Global Missions Conference
Friday, Oct. 25–Sunday, Oct. 27
This year’s conference theme, Gospel Light in a Dark World, comes from Matthew 24:8–14. We look forward to interacting with and learning from the missionaries who will be joining us from Central Asia, East Asia, and South/Southeast Asia.
2019 Missions Conference Schedule
|Friday, Oct. 25||6:30–8:30 pm||Gym (Rm 131)||Required; closed on Monday, Oct. 21.|
|Saturday, Oct. 26||2:00–4:00 pm||Various locations in Northern Virginia||Required; closed on Monday, Oct. 21.|
|Sunday, Oct. 27||9:15 am & 11:00 am||Worship Center||N/A|
|Sunday, Oct. 27||9:15 am & 11:00 am||Various rooms||N/A|
Please incorporate their prayer requests into your family prayer time.
Brian and Wendy | East Asia
Please pray for us as we will be in the U.S. for about six months, that we will be refreshed and that our children, especially, will adapt to the time in the U.S. Please pray for our local team back in East Asia, that they will be strengthened and encouraged as they continue to serve.
Luke and Rachel | Central Asia
Pray that our friends in our Central Asian country would believe in Jesus. Also pray that new believers would have a hunger to learn from and follow Jesus.
Rob and May | South/Southeast Asia
Pray for wisdom and diligence as we mentor leaders from our mission organization around the world. Ask for Jesus’ love to be demonstrated in all we do say and think. Request that all of our businesses and mission organization’s members would work in the love of Jesus, with true accountability, utterly transparent visibility, and striving for excellence in all they do.
Steve | South/Southeast Asia
Please pray that we would be bold in telling our friends about Jesus and asking them to study the Bible with us.
Conference Event Details
Friday, Oct. 25
Churchwide Kick-off Event: Dinner & Missions Tracks
6:30 pm | Gym | REGISTRATION REQUIRED BY Monday, OCT. 21
Registered individuals will join our visiting missionaries for a catered dinner in the Gym. After dinner, adults and teens will participate in one of three Missions Tracks and children will take their own track (our popular Around the World experience). Registration required by Monday, Oct. 21.
- ADULTS’ & TEENS’ TRACKS:
- The Prayer Track will help you to better understand how to pray for our missionaries and the world. A good portion of the evening will be spent in prayer.
- The Cultural Track will be a hands-on event to help you better understand the cultural challenges that our missionaries face while living and serving in a different country. You’ll learn insights that will help you to better share the gospel with people of different cultures.
- The Movie Track will show a video describing how God has been working among refugees in Athens, Greece. This movie will help motivate you to pray afresh with faith for Syrian refugees as part of our Focus For Four efforts.
- CHILDREN’S TRACK: Around the World (for Pre-K through 5th-graders) is designed to give children an interactive and sensory experience into East Asian and Southeast Asian cultures from our visiting missionaries. Children will also learn more about Syrian refugees from Cherrydalers who will share stories from their trip to Lebanon.
- NURSERY for infants through three-year-olds: Register your little ones by Monday, Oct. 21 for nursery childcare during this event.
Saturday, Oct. 26
2:00 pm | Held across Northern virginia | Registration required by Monday, Oct. 21
Enjoy a sweet time with our visiting missionaries in the comfort of someone’s home: Hosts across the Northern Virginia area will provide dessert in a smaller setting for you to learn more about missionaries’ work overseas. You’ll hear a report from a missionary, have time for discussion while enjoying dessert, and pray together. Registration required by Monday, Oct. 21.
- The Browns in South Arlington will host a gathering with Steve. Registration limited to 16 people.
- Steve in Annandale will host a gathering with Brian and Wendy. Registration limited to 20 people.
- The McNaught/Hodge small group will host a gathering at Cherrydale Baptist Church with Rob and May. Registration limited to 40 people.
- The Wolners in Springfield will host a gathering with Luke and Rachel. Registration limited to 20 people.
Sunday, Oct. 27
9:15 and 11:00 am | Worship Center
Gospel Light in a Dark World
Speaker: Tony Ghareeb, church planter and founder of Christ for the Crescent World
In celebration of the cultural diversity that God has created among the various people groups of the world, we invite all attendees to come dressed in the national clothing of your country of origin, a country you have lived in, or a country you have visited.
Adult Sunday Classes (all classes will be combined)
9:15 and 11:00 am | Room 119
Whichever hour you do not attend worship service, join others in Room 119 to hear from visiting Cherrydale missionaries and spend time in corporate prayer. You’ll learn about the persecuted church and about our missionaries’ life and ministry on the mission field.
- 9:15 am Sunday classes with Rob and May (South/Southeast Asia)
- 11:00 am Sunday classes with Steve (South/Southeast Asia)
Youth Sunday Classes
11:00 AM | The Well (Rm. 110)
Our youth ministry (6th–12th grades) will be joined by a visiting missionary who will share a special focus on the persecuted church. Teens will gain insights into the suffering and persecution experienced by Christians around the world through an engaging presentation, discussion time, and small group prayer time with their class leaders.
Children’s Sunday Classes
11:00 AM | Pre-K through 5th grade classrooms
Children in Pre-K through 5th grade classes will enjoy a special guest in their rooms: Cherrydale missionaries will make a brief visit to each class to share about missions at an age-appropriate level.