Since 1993, more than 157 million boys and girls in over 160 countries have experienced God’s love through the power of a simple shoebox of gifts from Operation Christmas Child (OCC).
Cherrydalers partner with OCC through packing shoeboxes and serving with the ministry throughout our community.
Join us and pack a shoebox!
This Sunday, Nov. 18th is the final day to turn in shoeboxes towards our goal of 400.
Between Oct. 28 through Nov. 18, pick up free shoeboxes in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230). You’re welcome to use any standard-sized shoebox, but please don’t use inexpensive plastic ones—they tend to crack in transit.
- Pack your boxes & pray! Learn what goes in a shoebox and watch a two-minute helpful packing video.
- Recipients love to receive a personal note. The best note has at least these two sentences: Jesus loves you. I am praying for you. We have three fun options at our table for children.
- Pray for the safe delivery of the box into the hands of a child who will see it as an act of love in Jesus’ name and who will dedicate her/his life to the Lord.
- Toothpaste and candy are no longer allowed in shoeboxes due to customs regulations.
- Make a $9 donation per box. This is critical to cover shipping and other ministry expenses. There are two options of shipping labels:
- For a Standard Shipping Label: Add $9 to your box by check to Samaritan’s Purse (note OCC on the memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the items inside your shoebox.
- For a Follow-Your-Box Shipping Label: Donate your $9 at the official OCC site to discover the destination of your shoebox. OCC will email you a special Follow Your Box label to print and use. Later, you’ll receive a notification about the destination of your shoebox gift.
- Drop off boxes in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230) before noon on Nov. 18.
For more info, read the Samaritan’s Purse FAQ page, contact Janine Buser, or stop by our table.
Looking for creative ideas of what to include in your box?
- View a two-page printable list of suggestions for boys and girls of all ages.
- Crafty? Try one of these no-sew projects: T-shirt Jump Ropes | T-shirt Tote Bag
- Check out the many OCC Pinterest pages for more ideas!
Questions? Contact Janine Buser or stop by our table for more information.
Donate Items to the Youth Group Packing Party (Through Nov. 14)
Bought too much for your own box or ran out of shopping time? Bring your extras to the large donation box in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230) by their November 14 party.
Make a Financial Contribution (Through Nov. 18)
Not a shopper? Not a problem! There are two ways you can contribute:
- Make a tax-deductible gift to sponsor discipleship lessons. Make your check payable to Samaritan’s Purse (note OCC on the memo line) and drop it in the donation shoebox on our table in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230).
- Make a tax-deductible gift towards our youth group’s packing party. Make your check payable to Cherrydale Baptist Church (note OCC on the memo line) and drop it in the donation shoebox on our table in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230).
Pack Cherrydale’s Boxes for Transport (Nov. 18)
Join us in the Go Center (our missions lobby by Room 230) between or after services on November 18 to prepare our donations for transportation to the drop-off location. This is a perfect job for those who love packing the car for vacation!
Help Load the Truck (Nov. 18)
Cherrydale’s very own Hadley family will bravely transport the Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria donations to the next drop-off location in Springfield. Help load the U-Haul when it stops by Cherrydale or at the local drop-off church (Chinese Christian & Missionary Church/CrossLife Bible Fellowship).
Volunteer at the Baltimore/Washington Processing Center (Dec. 7)
Be a part of our area’s processing and shipping activities! Cherrydale’s shift is Friday, Dec. 7th, 9:00 am–1:00 pm. Contact Janine for more details!