Share the gospel with a child around the world by packing an Operation Christmas Child (OCC) shoebox. Children who receive a shoebox will experience God’s love in a tangible way while hearing the gospel.
Since 1993, more than 168 million boys and girls in over 160 countries and territories have experienced God’s love through the power of a simple shoebox of gifts from OCC. Through these shoeboxes and training, OCC supports international church leaders in their efforts to evangelize, disciple and multiply the church in their own communities and in culturally appropriate ways.
How to Participate
Thank you Cherrydale! Our Nov. 9 box-packing party yielded 668 shoebox gifts for Operation Christmas Child.
Pack your own shoebox (now through noon on Sunday, Nov. 24)
- Pick up empty shoeboxes from our OCC table in the GO Center (outside Room 230) starting Sunday, October 27.
- Return packed shoeboxes to the GO Center (outside Room 230).
- All shoeboxes are due at Cherrydale by Sunday, Nov. 24 at 12:00 pm.
- Missed our deadline? Deliver your packed shoeboxes to Chinese Christian & Missionary Church, 6901 Williamsburg Blvd, Arlington, on Sunday, Nov. 24 (12:00–4:00 pm) or Monday, Nov. 25 (9:00–11:00 am).
Serve at a local Chick-fil-A (November 12)
Help our community learn how to participate in OCC!
- Hand out and collect shoeboxes at the Seven Corners Chick-fil-A.
- Tuesdays, Nov. 5 and 12, 11:00 am–1:00 pm or 5:00–7:00 pm.
- Bring your family! Training provided.
Help at the processing center (Various dates in December)
Want to participate in the next step of a shoebox? Serve at the processing center in Odenton, MD to help prepare shoeboxes for their journey overseas. Teens 13 and older are welcome to participate, with an adult-to-teen ratio of 1:4. Two time slots available:
- Fridays, Dec. 6 and 9, 9:00 am–1:00 pm
- Saturday, Dec. 21, 10:00 am–2:00 pm