Check out these ideas for supporting and encouraging our missionaries!
- …for open doors. Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. (Colossians 4:2-3, NIV)
- …for boldness in witness. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel. (Ephesians 6:19, NIV)
- …that God’s word will spread. Finally, dear brothers and sisters, I ask you to pray for us. Pray first that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes… (2 Thessalonians 3:1 NLT)
- …for their protection. Pray, too, that we will be saved from wicked and evil people, for not everyone believes in the Lord. (2 Thessalonians 3:2, NLT)
- …for their ministry. Pray first that the Lord’s message will spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes. (2 Thessalonians 3:1, NLT)
- …for God’s guidance. So we have continued praying for you ever since we first heard about you. We ask God to give you a complete understanding of what He wants to do in your lives, and we ask Him to make you wise with spiritual wisdom. (Colossians 1:9, NLT)
- …for refreshment. We also pray that you will be strengthened with His glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy. (Colossians 1:11, NLT)
- …specifically. Join us in praying for a Cherrydale missionary each day through our missionary prayer calendar. Consider a commitment to be a prayer partner; to connect with a particular missionary, contact Ed Grudier.
Connect With Technology
- E-cards and emailed pictures Missionaries want to stay connected to your world! Consider sending back news from your life whenever you receive a missionary’s updates.
- Telephone and video calls Take time to arrange a conversation with a missionary. They’re blessed immensely when you reach out to catch up, listen, or pray with them.
Send Gifts and Cards
Our missionaries report that these are a huge blessing and often arrive on a day that they need reassurance that someone is praying for and remembering them. They particularly appreciate:
- Used books Tablets and e-readers have made things easier, but as one missionary reported, “If you send us books, I can guarantee you that one fiction book will probably make the rounds of an average of seven missionaries!”
- Baking packages Many of our missionaries love to bake, but ingredients like chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking powder, and other items may not be readily available in the missionary’s country.
- Christmas cards and gifts Homesickness is often most acute in December, but cards and family pictures make the season feel more cozy. Also, take advantage of after-holiday sales: Pick your favorites and send them along for a fun new year surprise.
- Invite a missionary to a church retreat Our men’s and women’s retreats offer spiritual refreshment and opportunities to build friendships within the Cherrydale family.
- Open your home to a visiting missionary It is such a blessing to missionaries to be welcomed into a home when they’re in the area. Ask them to join you for dinner or perhaps you can offer up an extra bedroom.
- Attend a missionary luncheon Our church family hosts luncheons as a way to support visiting missionaries through fellowship and prayer. Luncheons are scheduled on our missions event calendar. Register to join us at an upcoming luncheon: You’ll be encouraged to hear how God is using His people to spread the gospel to all ends of the earth!
Make a Financial Gift
- Support Cherrydale’s missions program Make a tax-deductible gift to benefit our missionary family and church-planting endeavors.
- Commit to monthly support Consider directly supporting a missionary through long-term, regular giving. Consistent financial support enables missionaries to budget for the year’s expenses. Contact Ed Grudier if you need assistance getting connected to a missionary’s organization.
- One-time gifts Missionaries appreciate financial support of any amount and frequency! Your special gift is sure to encourage a missionary. Contact Ed Grudier if you need assistance making a special gift through a missionary’s organization.