Join us on Sunday, May 19; 4:45–7:00 pm.
If this will be your first Members Gathering, read our helpful tips!
Registration by Wednesday, May 15 is required for all attendees. Your registration greatly helps the elders, staff, and hospitality team coordinate and plan.
- Register all adults and teens in your household together.
- Register each child (infants through 5th graders) separately for childcare.
May 19th Potluck Assignments
Dish assignments are according to the first letter of your last name. Each dish should serve 10 people.
- A–K: Mexican-themed entrée (Fajitas, enchiladas, tamales, taco casserole, etc.)
- L–Q: Side dish (Rice, beans, salad greens)
- R–Z: Dessert
- The church will provide chips, salsa, and sour cream.
May 19th Business Items
- Welcome new members.
- Ministry spotlight: Orphan and Foster Care.
- Vote on two items (view documents):
- Approval of March 17, 2019 meeting minutes, and
- Proposal by the Missions Committee and Elder Council to support Jon and Joy as long-term Cherrydale missionaries to SE Asia.
- Recognize Wendell Brown (Deacon: Facilities), Greg Duhart (Elder), Brad Smith (Deacon: Financial Secretary), and Annie Webb (Deacon: Benevolent) for their service to our church family. While their current terms are ending, all four have agreed to continue for another term and we’ll vote on this at our July Members Gathering.
- Get an update from the Elder Council on our Lead Pastor search process, what to expect, and how to be involved over the next two months. Read more here.
First time at a Members Gathering?
We’re glad you’ll be joining us! Here are some pointers:
- Most people come in through the Military Road entrance: Outside Room 121, registered adults and teens can pick up their name tags and parents can check in children that have been registered for childcare.
- Typically, our Members Gatherings are potluck dinners; most dishes should be brought to Room 110 (the Well), with the exception of desserts—which should be placed on the table in the kitchen.
- After collecting your name tags and dropping off your food items, find a place in the gym to sit. (We’ll inform folks if we’ve opened up another room for overflow seating.) Families with young children and those serving in childcare will be invited to enter the buffet line first: Children of all ages will eat dinner and participate in worship alongside their parents, then we’ll announce when registered children may be brought to their childcare rooms.
- Before heading home, help clean up your table and remember to take your dish home (don’t leave any leftovers at the church)!