Worship and Sunday Classes
Children are an important part of our church family, and we want Sundays to be safe, engaging, and profitable in helping them become all that God has planned for them. They are invited to:
- Join their parents for the entire worship service or attend an optional Children’s Message for 1st-5th graders during the sermon.
- Participate in Sunday School class during the 9:00–10:00 am class hour.
See details below!
Worship Service | 10:30 am
Corporate Worship in the Worship Center
- All children (infants — 5th grade) are welcome to attend the corporate worship service as we long for them to experience intergenerational worship! View tips and ideas about family worship.
Optional Children’s Message
An optional Children’s Message is offered for 1st–5th graders.
- Children who wish to participate will head to the Commons after the scripture reading and be escorted to the Children’s Message location. After the sermon, the children will come back into the Worship Center for the remainder of the service. Before children leave, remind them to remember where you’re sitting; however, volunteers will help any children who need help finding you.
- The Children’s Message is a 25–30-minute message that follows the same scripture and theme as the sermon.
Nursery for Newborns – Kindergartners
- Check your child into the nursery before service starts. Check-in does not apply to children who remain with their parents for the entire worship service.
- Newborns through Kindergartners may be dropped off at their rooms before service begins.
- Alternately, younger children may join parents for the first part of worship service and then transition to the nursery during the sermon. We ask parents to walk their little ones (kindergartners and younger) to their classrooms.
Sunday Classes | 9:00–10:00 AM
Please take your take your child to their classroom. Children are not allowed to leave their classes until picked up by their parent or other adult who has the pick-up labels. Parents must pick up their children on time.
- Check your child into their class. Children may join their class starting at 8:45 am.
- Sunday School includes age-specific teaching, a Bible lesson with object lessons, games, discussions, and other teaching methods.
- This summer, we are using a curriculum called, “Splish-Splash Bible Bash,” which is a biblically-sound curriculum that focuses on “watery” Bible stories. Children in PreK – K will remain in their regular classes while children in 1st–5th grade will have a combined large group lesson and then break into smaller groups for crafts, activities, and games. These application activities will help the children see how Bible truths apply to their lives.
- Check your child into their class.
- The curriculum we use is called God Loves Me. It consists of 52 Bibles stories told in simple and age-appropriate language that children can understand. The lessons also include a variety of activities where the children learn through play, e.g. using blocks to build the wall at Jericho, water play for Noah’s Ark, etc.
Infants – 24 Months
- If your child was in the nursery during the 9:00 am service, they may remain in the nursery through the worship service. Or you may take them out and check them back in for a break in between. If you do check them out for fellowship, make sure their tag remains on their clothes and that you retain the sticker with your security code.
If this will be your child’s first Sunday with us, plan to arrive a little early to get your child registered and assigned to a class. Please head to the check-in stations in the Worship Center lobby and ask for assistance from a check-in greeter. The greeter will help you get your child securely checked into the appropriate class. Then, you’ll have three simple steps:
- Put name tags on your child: You’ll receive two identical sticker name tags; your child wears one on the front of his/her shirt, and the second is an extra that can be used to label a jacket or bag. Any food allergies will be identified on your child’s name tag.
- Hold onto your pick-up tags! You’ll receive two identical pick-up tags with security codes that match your child’s name tag. You cannot pick up a child without his/her matching pick-up tag!