The purpose of a short-term missions trip is to give Cherrydale men and women the experience of serving the Lord through meeting physical and spiritual needs of visited people. When planning a short-term trip, our primary focus areas are:
- Sending the Gospel to unreached people groups ; those living in the 10/40 Window—this is the area of the world with the most people, but least evangelized. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Providing support and encouragement to our missionaries and their ministry. To those whom it applies, we aim to send one team to each missionary in the next 10 years. (Hebrews 3:13)
- Partnering with other consortium churches on missions trips with whom missionaries are financially and prayerfully supported together.
Opportunities to Go
- 2017 Short-Term Trip: Read team members’ reflections from the Focus For Four (India) trip.
- Short-Term Trip Info: Considering applying for a short-term missions trip? Check out the FAQ!
- Youth Missions: Opportunities for teens to serve in missions