Thanks for taking the time to find out more about us. At Cherrydale Baptist Church, we’re all about loving God and people above all else. We’re people from different backgrounds who have encountered Jesus Christ and are learning to live a new life for the glory of God. Perhaps you’re searching for some answers to life’s perplexing questions or looking for a church home. Whoever you are or whatever your situation, we invite you to get to know us and discover how God is being exalted in the midst of our church family. Please let us know how we can serve you!
–Tom Oostdyk, Lead Pastor
Join us for Sunday Worship
We offer two identical worship services each sunday at:
9:15 am & 11:00 am
3910 Lorcom Lane
Arlington, VA 22207
What to Expect
People come to Cherrydale in business wear, casual clothes, and anything in between. The Bible reminds us that “God sees not as man sees, for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7) Whether you’re male or female, our dress code is pretty simple: Wear comfortable clothes that won’t distract others from worship.
Our worship service consists of a blend of traditional and contemporary music, a time of confession, Scripture reading(s), and a practical and relevant message from the Bible. Twice a month, our service includes a time of Communion (a practice where we remember and celebrate Christ’s sacrifice for us) with gluten-free bread and juice.
Meeting You / Info Center
We would love to meet you! No matter which service you attend, afterwards please stop by the Info Center in the large, carpeted lobby outside our Worship Center.
Children are welcomed to join their parents in the main worship service. Special children’s bulletins are available at the check-in stations and the standing display cases located outside the Worship Center.
Parents with newborns can head to our soundproofed Worship Nursery on the balcony level of the Worship Center. There, parents can participate in the worship service while still being free to tend to their baby’s needs. Additionally, mothers are welcomed to feed infants or pump in our Mothers’ Room (Room 221 in the nursery wing).
Nursery and Sunday Classes
Children may also worship and learn about God in Sunday classes designed for their age group (please note our Well Child policy).
- If you’re a parent of an infant through kindergartner, stop by the check-in stations before either service outside our Worship Center to securely check in your child and we’ll direct you to the appropriate room.
- Children in 1st–5th grades should also be checked in to their class before service. They’ll participate alongside their parents for the beginning of the worship service and then transition to their Sunday classes. More info here.
- Families with 6th through 12th graders often choose to attend the 9:15 am service together, then teens meet before the 11:00 service in the Well (Room 110). During this time, teachers will often divide teens into their own Sunday classes by grade: 6th & 7th graders in Room 122, 8th & 9th graders in Room 120, and 10th–12th graders in Room 110.
Additional information on our family ministries (including activities and opportunities during the week) can be found here: Nursery (infants through 3 years old) | Kids (preschool through 5th grade) | Youth (6th through 12th grade)
Directions & Parking
We’re located at 3910 Lorcom Lane; Arlington, VA 22207. We have two parking lots, easily accessed from Military Road and Lorcom Lane. You’ll find designated guest parking by the church entrances at both lots. Street parking is also available, but please do not park in the St. Andrews lot across the street.
Looking for a particular room? Our floor plans can help!
Directions to Cherrydale Baptist Church:
From the West Using I-66:
- Take Interstate 66 East toward Washington to Spout Run (Exit 72).
- Take Exit 72 and turn left at the light onto Lee Highway.
- At the 4th traffic light (Military Rd) turn right (between Exxon & Liberty gas stations).
- The church is about 2 blocks up the road on the right side at the intersection of Military Road and Lorcom Lane.
From the South:
- Take I-95 North past Springfield.
- Continue North on I-395, just past Pentagon, get in left lane.
- Take exit 10C Memorial Bridge.
- Go approximately 3 miles (past Key Bridge) take left-hand exit onto Spout Run. Turn right on Lorcom Lane and go 1/2 mile to Cherrydale Baptist Church (on left).
From the North:
- Take I-95 South to 495 West (Capital Beltway).
- Go 8 miles and cross bridge over Potomac into Virginia. Continue on 495 to I-66 East Exit (left hand exit).
- Follow directions above using Interstate 66.
Metro & Arlington Transit (ART)
- Take the Orange Line Metro to the Ballston Metro stop.
- ART buses run from Ballston Metro to the corner of Lorcom & Military: