Get Ready for Shoebox Season!
For 15 years, Cherrydale Baptist Church has been filling shoeboxes with gifts and prayers for children around the world through Operation Christmas Child (OCC), a ministry of Samaritan’s Purse. These gifts are provided to trained international church leaders to share the gospel, disciple children, and build the local church. Since 1993, over 186 million children in over 160 countries have learned about Jesus via shoeboxes!
Shoebox packing season runs from October-November each year, but you can be involved all year long!
- Pray that the gospel shared with children around the world through these gifts would bring many into God’s kingdom!
- Pray about your particular role and how God may want to use you.
- Pray that those who trust Christ would be discipled that they might grow in their faith and share Jesus with others.
- Consider shopping early for gifts to include in a shoebox. Check out back-to-school sales in July and August!
- Gather friends to make a hand-crafted gift together.
- If you’re in a small group, consider how you could participate together in packing shoeboxes.
- Inspire others about the impact of this ministry by sharing stories on social media. Visit the Operation Christmas Child website to download and share encouraging video testimonies.
- Join the OCC Planning Team. For more information, contact Cherrdyale’s project leader, Janine Buser.
- Support Student Ministry’s November Box-Packing Party with donations of shoebox items or financial contributions. For more information, contact Student Ministry’s project leader, Liberty Metcalfe.
- Stay tuned for more information on ways you can participate this fall!
For more information, contact Cherrydale’s project leader, Janine Buser.