In addition to Sunday classes and regular Youth Group meetings, special events are held throughout the year. The purpose is to build relationships that enhance the learning experiences of our programming. Our special events include service, fun, learning, retreats, and opportunities to grow in relationship with one another and to serve others.
Below is a look at our Summer Schedule as well as our Wednesday Breakout Nights pre-COVID. Complete the Youth Ministry Registration to sign up your student in our Youth Ministry and email Pastor Greg to be added to the Youth Ministry weekly email list.
2021 Youth Summer Special Events & Overall Schedule
(Rising 6th graders: please join us at all Middle School/6th grade and up events this summer!)
- June 9 – 6-12th Hawaiian Luau Summer Kickoff Event (7:00-9:00 pm at church, awards for costumes!)
- June 23 – Middle School Backyard/Slip & Slide Event
- June 24 – High School Backyard/Slip & Slide Event
- July 7– Middle School Gym/Game Night at church
- July 14 – High School Ultimate Frisbee
- July 18 – 6-12th Sunday morning teen prayer breakfast
- Jul 21 – Middle School Backyard/Park event TBD
- July 31 – High School Harpers Ferry Trip – High Ropes/Tubing, etc.
- Aug. 4 – Middle School Gym/Game Night
- Aug. 11 – High School Gym/Game Night
- Aug. 18 – 6-12th @ Upton Park – TBD
- Aug 25 – 8-12th – King’s Dominion
- Aug 29 – 6-12th – Sunday morning teen prayer breakfast
- Sept. 8 – No Youth Group Gatherings
- Sept. 12 – Sunday morning discipleship electives start up Parent/Teen Meeting.
- Sept. 15 – Youth Group Opening Party
Breakout Nights (Pre-COVID)
Who: 6-12th graders
When: 7:00pm-9:00pm (arrive a little early so we can maximize out time)
High School teens leave the church at 7:00 pm in their small groups. They visit an elderly person and then stop for a dessert or a bite to eat on the way back to the church. Please bring $5-$10. Teens who arrive late will probably need to call their leader or a friends from their group in order to find out where to meet them. Groups return at 9:00 pm.
Middle School teens stay at the church for a game night. We start in the gym with a variety of fun team building competition games. Then we go to the Well for a little more group building and Bible focused devotional. Then we eat pizza and hang out starting at 8:30 pm, which is a good time to leave for teens who need to get home sooner. Bring a friends and $2 to chip in for food.
Sign-up: It is extremely helpful if your Small Group leader knows you are coming in advance so they have enough drivers for your group. Sign up with your Small Group leader the week before or call or email them to let them know you are coming.